Saint Michael’s College – Colchester, VT
B.S., Business Administration, Minor Journalism—2001; M.Ed., Information Technology —2011, Thesis: How Colleges and Schools Use Social Media as a Recruitment Tool
Director of Sales – 2018 – present
- Work side-by-side with CEO on developing new business opportunities.
- Top member of the sales team in both accounts closed and revenue.
- Assess clients needs and opportunities.
- Cultivate prospective clients and drive them through the sales funnel.
- Manage book of business covering the entire northeast.
Vermont Academy – Saxtons River, VT
Director of Admissions and Financial Aid – 2013 to 2018
- Developed and implemented enrollment strategies engaging academic, athletic and marketing departments to achieve enrollment goals of the school.
- Managed $2.6 million financial aid budget and a $150,000 operating budget.
- Increased boarding student enrollment to post-recession highs while growing applications by 15 percent and increasing countries represented on campus by 20 percent.
- Grew annual net tuition 11 percent from 2013 to 2016.
- Increased admissions office travel by 100 percent.
- Lead a staff of five admissions team members.
- Led a Board appointed Marketing and Branding task force.
- Educated head of school and Board on demographic challenges facing independent school market
- Served on athletic, enrollment, marketing & communications, and health committees.
Director of External Relations (Interim) 2016 to 2017
- Managed 10 direct reports including admissions, communications and advancement professionals and consultants.
- Successfully solicited capital gifts up to $150,000.
Groton School – Groton, MA
Director of Recent Graduate Relations – 2009 to 2013
- Managed a volunteer force of over 60 members in support of the school’s annual fund.
- Supervised an operations staff of 10.
- Created, managed, and enhanced Groton School’s presence in social media spaces such as Facebook, Twitter, blogs, LinkedIn, and others including the live streaming.
- Facilitated and organized alumni events around the country including service days, school birthday celebrations and career networking events and served as the faculty liaison for the Groton School Alumni Association..
- Founded and chaired Groton’s athletic hall of fame committee
- Dorm head to girls’ and boys’ dorm of 11 to 35 residents, coached Cycling and Swimming Clubs.
Saint Michael’s College – Colchester, VT
Assistant Director of Admission – 2005 to 2009, Admission Counselor – 2004 to 2005
- Recruited students from East Coast region, relaying the value of a Saint Michael’s education to parents, prospective students and college counselors at public and private institutions.
- Created and grew a multi-channel e-marketing campaign that included social media, e-newsletter, personalized email, virtual open houses and chat rooms.
- Managed a staff of six student bloggers whose success was evidenced by an average of 1,500 visitors per blog per month.
- Served on a communications committee assisting in planning, design and implementation of all marketing communications for the Office of Admission.
- Maintained the website for all graduate programs and assisted the director of graduate admissions in recruitment and marketing
Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach – 2005 to 2009
- Coached male and female college athletes to program record, third-place finish 2009 NEISDA Championship, including NCAA Division II National B-Cut Qualifier.
- Awarded Steve Looke Team Sportsmanship Award – 2009.
Green Mountain Aquatics – South Burlington, VT
Head Senior Coach – 2001 to 2006
- Coached 30-40 swimmers from the ages of 13 to 18 many of whom have gone on to top Division I and III colleges and universities.
Chittenden Trust Company – Burlington, VT
Bank Sales & Service Representative, Corporate Trust Administrator – 2001 to 2004
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL ORGANIZATIONS
Saxtons River Montessori School
Treasurer — 2016 to 2018
- Lead to the first positive fiscal year in five years
Saint Michael’s College
Alumni of the Year — 2016
Class Agent—2015 to present
2001 Doc Jacob’s Award Recipient
Consortium of Vermont Colleges
Chairperson, Bus Tour Committee – 2006 to 2008
Caswell Credit Union – South Burlington, VT
Board member, Secretary – 2005 to 2009