Presented by Bill Royall and Pam Kiecker
The Wealth of Stealth: the stealth market place. Website and other internet resources (think first contact application) -from the Lawlor Group
A few of the top most important information resources for students:
- Admission website
- Virtual tour
- Student blogs
- Online chats
- Instant messaging
- Personalization of website
- College websites are used for information not entertainment
- Functionality: must be easy to use
- Two click rule – it’s even more important now that there
Most frequently used sources during colelge search:
- Other students/peers
- Letters from colleges
- Email messages from specific colleges
.edu websites are used more than any other. They are the most trusted and are used by all h.s. ages
Heavy traffic time winter break of their Sophomore and Junior years!!!!
They are searching for:
- Can I get in?
- Can I afford it? (GD financial aid again)
Seniors use website for:
- Make an informed decission on where to apply
- Develop a strong application
- Make the FINAL choice
Everyone is on Facebook, but I’m surprised that the high school numbers are low. I’m not surprised that they’re not using it to get information on colleges.
I’m also surprised to see such a high the numbers were for those accepting of colleges on Facebook. I wonder if the students really understood what they were being asked. I also wonder about what kids picture when they’re asked about colleges being on Facebook.
- Website is important.
- Connect with current students
- Despite what you may think, students want more information not less. Email sin’t as dead as you’ve heard. This makes sense especially when considering how much Royall uses email and the incredible response rates they get in direct mail.
- Students are saying, let me have it all and then I’ll sort through it and get what I want
Bill just suggested a financial aid estimator and how it can help enroll students!!!!!!!! No more!!!! I can’t take it!!!!!!!!